Sunday, March 16, 2008

Einleuchten

All this has happened before, and it will all happen again; but this time it happened in Massachusetts. (For the readers without little children, this is the beginning of Peter Pan; I just flipped London with MA). For some reason, when I had to watch this movie for the 25th time, I was thinking of a conversation with a good friend of mine during my student days. She complained that there were way too many books written. This was 15 years ago. Since then, the number of published books has again taken off, not to mention all the Blogs that have been created in the meantime. Do we really have anything new to add to what already has been discovered, in particular in the field of spirituality?


Actually, I do struggle a bit with this thought. When I look at my bookshelf and consider some of the spiritual bestsellers, like Neale Walsch, Conversations with God, Gary Zukav, The Seat of the Soul and Wayne Dyer, Living the Wisdom of the Tao, I cannot help but getting a bit intimitated. How often have I asked myself, how do these guys know all that, when I read their spiritual treasures. Actually, in the meantime, I have stopped reading all the new bestsellers that hit the markets just because I no longer have the time to keep up with them. But perhaps I should give myself a bit more credit. After all, the very fact that I intuitively know that they are on to something means I might have something to contribute as well.


This brings me to my title - einleuchten. Literally translated it means a light bulb is going off in your head. Sometimes when you hear something you just know that its true, and your world is different afterwards. Many of us wander on our unique spiritual paths, and as we are blessed with insights we cannot help passing these on to others. Like an Olympic torch bearer, we carry the truth over thousands of miles, one runner at a time. So I guess I would now say to my friend that it doesn't matter what has been said before and most likely even better. All that matters right now is that you stay connected to the Source and that you share your ideas in whatever forum you can if your soul tells you to.

No comments: