Sunday, February 14, 2010

You Belong with Me

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset
She's going off about something that you said
She doesn't get your humour like I do

I'm in the room, its a typical Tuesday night
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like
And she'll never know your story like I do

But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me. You belong with me

There is incredible wisdom in this song. The Course in Miracles echos these insights. Always watch out for the gentle voice in the background, don't be distracted by the glitter. The girl in the t-shirt who stands on the bleachers will likely have the more meaningful message for you, but you apparently first have to learn your lesson by running after the attractive cheerleader. Those that are first will be last and those that are last will be first. I also remember the Course in Miracles saying that you likely had your best moments when you thought you did poorly and your worst when you thought you did really well.

Life is a Treasure Hunt - Enjoy!

No comments: