Friday, May 11, 2012

The Foot in the Door

I observed a young colleague today asking a question in an investor meeting where I wondered whether it was really his place to speak up. When I looked around in the room I observed how everyone felt so comfortable with his question and I was happy for him, he obviously had created the space for himself to be accepted as a thought leader in the investment process. Later I saw him chatting with our director of research and other experts and I thought that indeed he put a foot in the door and the door opened for him.

We all travel our unique journey. The reader of this blog knows that I study the Tao and try to tell others about it. The amazing thing is that if you take an interest in what others do and if you try facilitating their success, plenty of rewards and acknowledgements will come your way too. Doors open for you and you don't even bother to think about it anymore.  It is a magnificent experiment that you can run for yourself and see whether it works for you or not.

 When you follow the Tao you do not exert any energy at all, every door will be wide open for you. With every step you take there will be a fork in the road and one of the available choices will always be to choose love. Soon this choice will be instinctive to you and you will see for yourself that no matter where you go, one of your brothers and sisters will be ready to open a door for you. Enjoy!

No comments: