Monday, July 20, 2015

My Last Book on Neuroscience

I used to read many books on the latest scientific insights on psychology and neuroscience. Being a Tao traveler, one cannot help seeing a lot of similarities between our ego, soul and spiritual insights with those of psychology as well as the functioning of the brain. One book in particular I thought would help me bridge my insights with those of the scientific community. It is called, "The Dao of Neuroscience" by Alexander and Annellen Simkins. Excited when I first got it, I sat down at our local Dunkin Donuts coffee shop and started reading. After 10 minutes or so, a guy came in who could easily have been homeless, smiled at me and said, "You don't need to read that, brother!" Instinctively, I knew he was right. I finished my coffee, got up and left. That was my last book on neuroscience. This beautiful book is now lying on my coffee table in my Pooja Room. I never made it past page 10. A great reminder that it is now my turn to look inwards and share my insights with others.

No comments: