Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Mysterious Workings of the Way

She took my arm,
I don't know how it happened.
We took the floor and She said:
"Oh don't you dare look back
Just keep you're eyes on Me."
I said, "your holding back",
She said, "shut up and dance with me!"
(Shut up and dance, Walk the Moon)

I was sitting today in a round-table meeting where I could have sat the discussion out, had I wanted to. But I knew that the colleague sitting next to me had a vested interest in it, and as he shifted in his chair, his foot "accidentally" touched mine. It was almost as if he was saying - subconsciously of course - "Hey, this stuff is really important, so why don't you say something?" Of course I did. And by doing so, I changed the course of the discussion, setting the stage for him to make his contribution. 

Yup, that is the working of the Way. What I can never tell with these little serendipities, whether this will get the outcome that I am rooting for, or not. What I can say though, no matter what, it will be meaningful for me and the people I interact with. If you are a Tao Traveler like me, you must have encountered these moments when She just barks at you, "Shut up and dance with Me."

No comments: