Saturday, October 17, 2015

A Conversation with the Blue Lord

The last function of reason is to recognize that there is an infinity of things which surpass it.
(Blaise Pascal)

The frustrated analyst couldn't take it any longer with all the pressure he experienced at work, so he went into the Pooja room and simply asked his Guide: "Lord Krishna I am so miserable, can you tell me what lies ahead for me in my career and let me know whether I should quit work right now or not."

The Blue Lord replied, "Ok, shoot :)"

The analyst was a little surprised that he got such a straight-forward response, so he hesitated and asked instead, "Mm, before I ask, can I ask you a few other questions?"

The Blue Lord smiled, "Sure, shoot :)"


Analyst
"Do I live in the "Best of all World?"

Lord Krishna
"Yes"

Analyst
"From whose perspective, mine?"

Blue Lord
"Yes"

Analyst
"What does 'mine' stand for, the self or the Self?"

Blue Lord
"The role of the Self is to guide the self Home. In the long-run, only merging with the Self can make the self happy. So yes, the medicine may taste bitter right now, but what happens to you is even in the best interest of the self."

Analyst
"Will your answer to my career question change my behavior?"

Blue Lord
"Maybe"

Analyst
"But then you are telling me that the self will deviate from what the Self deems necessary for my soul development"

Blue Lord
"Yes"

Analyst
"Then why would I ask you about the future given that it might make me do something that doesn't benefit me."

Blue Lord
"My point exactly :)"


I hope you understand now that the holy Now is just fine as is so just keep going with or without divine council.  Of corse, our little discourse is true only under the premise that we do live in "Best of all Worlds". But everyone who travels a spiritual path kind of signs up for this view of the world. All of us are on a subconscious or conscious journey Home. Just keep going!

No comments: