Friday, December 18, 2015

Awakening to the Person Within

The Japanese say you have three faces. The first face, you show to the world. The second face, you show to your close friends, and your family. The third face, you never show anyone. It is the truest reflection of who you are.

At the spiritual community I am a member of, there is a life coach who posts life coaching advice by the dozens with the intensity and determination of a bulldozer. She does it, I think, to attract potential customers. Still, sometimes my fingers are itching to ask her to tell us about her life instead. There must be a person behind that life coach. We want to know her too.

I also often wonder what goes through the heads of the spiritual gurus who appear to be wearing a mask, conveniently allowing all their followers to channel their projections towards them. Do the gurus themselves know the person who resides behind the mask? Are they afraid to share it, fearing that their beautiful mask may get ruined in the process?

When it comes to myself I have the pleasure of writing incognito; outside of a few close friends, no one really knows who I am. So I have thus no qualms to share whatever I feel or think about. Still, I know that even these notes are a mere facade behind the true face. Unfortunately, there is another face the Japanese saying doesn't quite capture, the one hidden deep in our sub conscience. I discover it in my children's dreams and fears; in the events and people I am attracting, and the stuff I am writing about.

It is my life mission to penetrate my fourth face to the best of my abilities. It is a joy to awake to the person we truly are!

No comments: