Saturday, March 5, 2016

Observations of a Light Worker

Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.
(Oprah Winfrey)

At work I am certainly conflicted. I want to succeed professionally. I also want to be acknowledged for my contributions, and at times, I even crave to be celebrated. But then, I also want to fulfill my spiritual function. So I aspire to be without ego at the same time, and I want to help others. I know it is hard to believe, but I am actually in a position to square the circle these days. My ego, my soul longings and my SPIRIT all get what they want. It certainly wasn't me who got me here, a higher authority performed this miracle for me.

Had you asked me a few years ago what a light worker is, I wouldn't have had any clue. So it was not that I planned or aspired to be in the position I am in today. But now that I have awoken to my mission, I can honestly say that no one could have masterminded the role I am playing today at my work any better. My soul longings are fulfilled, yet my ego gets used up a little more with every year that goes by. My simple presence helps people, just as they help me to advance professionally and spiritually. A higher authority had been setting up this gig for me over the course of decades. I didn't know anything about it when the foundation was put in place.

Personally, I find the assertion to be a light worker a bit arrogant. I am certainly not holy. I bitch, I have fears, I over-think; but in my defense, I do less and less of all that with every year that goes by. I also no longer scheme to get anything. The TAO has demonstrated way too often that I do not know a thing. All I can do is to stumble in a certain direction and then let the WAY get me somewhere. I might not know where I am going all the time but I certainly recognize my destination once I get close to it.

I am actually quite happy if I can reach the 55-45 rule. That is, if I manage to embrace the WAY in 55 percent of all cases when I interact with people I know that I will get incredibly far professionally, as well as spiritually. But more than that, when I am also willing to reflect on my more human outbursts in the remaining 45 percent of the cases after they happen, I am actually HOME FREE. Intent matters here. Outbursts and swallowed frustrations are fine as long as you can tell yourself afterwards a narrative that sees it from the other party's perspective as well. And exactly that happens along the WAY. True empathy and forgiveness happens when you can but for a moment walk in someone else's shoes, and the WAY will present those to you.

Does it dawn on you that you might be a light worker in the making? Relax, once you are upgraded to this level a higher authority does the hard work for you. All you have to manage is to bring the human emotions along, and life will give you plenty of outlets to be yourself. Yes, you shine your light on the others, reflecting their energy right back to you. Healer and healed, master and apprentice, guru and disciple necessitate each other. The world is ONE and always will be. Join us sharing the light along the WAY.

No comments: