Monday, April 4, 2016

We are God's Co-Creators

do not know the thing I am, and therefore do not know what I am doing, where I am, or how to look upon the world or on myself.
(A Course in Miracles)

I tend to plan things out, sometimes in years, often in decades. Yet, when it comes to the implementation of my plans, I will be the first to tell you that I don't know a thing. I know what my purpose is, I know what I want, but I have learned the hard way that I am not in charge - SHE is. 
And if the TAO tells me, for some reason or other, to do the opposite of what I set out to do, then there must be a good reason for it too.

As an example, when it comes to my day-to-day job as a financial strategist, I could see myself retiring in ten years from now, or any time before then. When the sign comes I will be ready to move on. My next career as a spiritual writer is waiting for me, but I leave up to the WAY to decide on the timing. A higher authority knows when my job here is done; I don't profess to have this wisdom.

E. M. Forster once put it this way, "How can I tell what I think 'till I see what I say." That's exactly how the spiritual path works. We put our best foot forward, we plan, we articulate, but dependent on the feedback mechanism of our environment, we flexibly adjust. But we aren't fatalistic either. It is a 
co-ownership of sorts. Nothing will happen along the WAY unless we think big and see it through when the right door opens. 

We may know little in anticipation, but when the sign comes we know! It is true what they say, "We are God's Co-Creators". Make a plan, aim high, listen to life's wisdom and do your magic.

No comments: