Saturday, October 22, 2016

The Moment when the "I" was in Awe

The problem is that ego can convert anything to its own use, even spirituality.
(Chogyam Trungpa)

We often feel spiritual, but just as Chogyam Trungpa's quote indicates, sometimes we are and sometimes we aren't. The sense of "I" is often delusional about its true motivations. The notion of spiritual "self-improvement" is popular because it gives us something to focus on, something to improve upon, something to look forward to, and something that makes us feel good about ourselves. Yet, whether this approach brings us any closer to GOD is the question. Either we are connected with the SELF in the holy now or we are not. So what is there to improve upon?


The "I Am That I Am" moment that the Bible refers to when Moses sees the burning bush is that moment when time stand stills. In a weird way the "I" ceases to exists in the holy now. It melts away in the awe of GOD's PRESENCE.

A spiritual path is an holding on to something metaphysical. You can call the FORCE that we are experiencing metaphysical, the Holy Spirit, or synchronicity. It is the burning bush of sorts that Moses saw. Spiritual traveling is experiencing life in an ever-lasting satori moment. When the "I" is too distracted to experience itself, we are HOME. 

So if you want to be with GOD, you either head into the meditation room, or be consumed by life. Wherever you are, the "I Am That I Am" moment is at your disposal.

No comments: