Monday, July 24, 2017

Running after the Gold on the Horizon

If you could see 
that I'm the one
who understands you.
Been here all along.
So, why can't you see,
you belong with me.
(Taylor Swift, You belong with me)

There are people who are like magnets. They attract others like the honey attracts the bees. Everyone drops everything and runs drooling after them even though it is not that hard to figure out that the attractive facade is all there is.

I guess that is what karma is all about. Yes, those admirers have a chance to take a look behind the facade but why should they? It feels so good be lulled in.

They have a chance to break free from the spell yet they don't. The sirens song is just too compelling and no-one warned them effectively enough, so they keep running after the perceived gold on the horizon.

I did everything in my power to point out the other perspective but then I let it be. Quietly, I go and pick up the diamonds they just  trampled on.

No comments: