Wednesday, November 29, 2017

12 Lessons Learned in the Financial Industry

In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself. 
("Rudy")

Here are some of the spiritual insights I have learned in my twenty plus years of working in the competitive financial industry. I realized that the idealistic and romantic fellow that started working after graduate school had a few traits he didn’t know about, like being fiercely competitive himself when put in a high achieving environment with other great minds. On the more spiritual side, I discovered that money meant literally nothing to me; ‘recognition’ was certainly meaningful to me, but here too I learned that fame cannot pass the test of time. Everything fades over the decades.


I realized that I am truly self-less when given the right purpose and when put together with the right group of people. I learned about the magic of teamwork, the power of positive thinking, and the secret of following the positive energy in whatever we do. I also learned to be more flexible and pragmatic. I realized for myself the old Buddhist insight that no matter how much heart and soul we put into what we do, everything is fleeting in the end. Also, nothing that we touch is truly stainless no matter how pure we think our intentions might be, or how hard we might try to make it work out.


It is a good time to move on to something better and brighter. I am proud of the ride I had. I am thankful for all the friends who helped me becoming the intellectual and intuitive giant I am today. I would express Rudy’s sentiment here, I have reached the point where I don’t have to prove nothin’ to nobody but my SELF. I follow my dreams and become the author I envisioned when my Awakening started. I also coach others with the mission to pass the baton to the next generation. I doubt that I will miss my stressful life in the financial industry, but I will always be grateful for the 12 precious lessons I learned there:


Personal

I am competitive                                 
I can be self-less                           
Money is meaningless to me 

General

Be flexible
Be pragmatic
Life is as it is                                                   
Fame is fleeting
Everything is tainted 
There is magic in teamwork      
Success is all about will-power 
You can find the WAY even at work
Intense pressure can purify spiritually 

No comments: