Wednesday, March 28, 2018

We have no right …

I believe we gotta forgive and make amends.
'Cause nobody gets a second chance to make new old friends.
I believe in working hard for what you've got,
even if it don't add up to a hell of a lot.
(Luke Bryant, Most People are Good)


The other day I went back to the Economics Department of my Alma Mater and connected with them as if the 22 years in-between had been days instead. When I think about my strengths, one of them is the uncanny ability to hang out with a wide variety of people: driven portfolio mangers, dreamy professors in ivory towers, New Agers, drifters, blue color folks, and so forth. What is really comes down to, I have an appreciation for life as is. I appreciate the fire burning in each of them, and I tend to give people the benefit of doubt.

We have no right to look down on anyone! Everyone lives out their ‘attachment to life’. Everyone will be the wiser and the more spiritual for it when the gig is over. When you sit there and enjoy your non-attachment, maybe you are overlooking something. Maybe you haven’t quite figured out yet what net will catch you yet again of life’s confusing complexities. Maybe it is a spiritual super ego of sorts not to be involved. If you sit there feeling that you are a spiritually a cut above the fellow next door, think again.

Give everyone their due; we all do the best we can at the given time.

No comments: