Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Judge-free Zone

“You are judging me”, a friend once said to me and her words hit me like a ton of bricks. While I have no recollection what our conversation was about, I still remember my feeling at the time. We all know that judging is of the mind; she was probably right as I am as mind-driven as they come.


Life has all the answers for people like me. What did Jesus say when he wanted to rescue a woman from sure death? He simply challenged the gathered crowd, “He who has not sinned may throw the first stone.” Sure enough, no one dared! Surely, you noticed how messy life is. It is hard to judge a brother if we ourselves have to take a long shower at night to get all the accumulated dust off our hands and skin.


The mind can be a pure instrument, merely processing, facilitating and having insights about life’s flow. Mind and heart can work in unison. Many paths lead to this blessed stage, meditation and reflection can get you there, but life can also show you the way. Do not judge a brother before you have jumped into the same trench with him, or have at least walked a few miles in his shoes.


Be mindful when your over-active mind starts telling stories. You don’t want a sister catching you in the act of judging as it once happened to me. Make your environment a judge-free zone. When you move with life’s flow, you will probably realize for yourself that judgement is the last thing on your mind.

No comments: