Monday, October 15, 2018

Let Life Flow!

People often ask me why I am so happy, lively, and joyful most of the time?  ‘What’s your secret?’, they say. I never really gave this question much thought, but since more and more people ask me this question, I decide to take a look at what I may do differently.

It turns out my secret is just an openness to life.  I am not sure I am really any happier than most of the people.  As a matter of fact, I have my sadness, loneliness, my anger and frustration. It’s just that I take them all in just as I take happiness, joy, and silence. I let these so-called negative emotions flow through me without much resistance. I cry when I need to. I shout when I feel like to. I sit in silence with my challenges when I have to.  I let all these energies flow though me like a river so there is constantly the freshness, liveliness, and energetic current.

We cannot just open up to half of our lives.  We shouldn’t just accept happiness, joy, and wisdom and refuse sadness, anger, and challenges because they are all one. They are all one river flowing through our life. When you allow these energies to flow through your life, energy changes fast.  Happiness won’t stay and neither will the sadness or difficulties. However, many of us live in our mind.  We only allow half of our life to happen and battle the other half.  When we battle with the other half, we won’t allow these energies to pass. They stay longer because we keep them there and fight with them. What we resist persists.  

We keep the negative energies because when they are about to pass we mentally interfere with their movement and hence they stay in our system.  And then we complain that we feel low and don’t have the energy to live. Can you see how we create our own dramas here? Let go of your judgment of what’s good or bad. Let go of your differentiation about life; let go of your preference, and just let life flow!

By Su Zhen

No comments: