Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Connecting with My Self

For many years I have been trying to build some deep connection with people.  I succeed most of the time when I am present with the people I am connecting with.  It always brings me deep satisfaction, silence, and love.

However, sometimes it also brings me frustration when people I try to connect with don’t share the same goals.  It can become challenging for me. After all, these are important people in my life. When I look at them and wait for them, I often lose myself too

After these years I also learn the trick; it’s always not about someone else.  It’s always about connecting to myself in the first place. I always feel calm and centered after I reconnect with myself after all these communication mishaps.  I always feel loving and understanding after I reconnect with myself.

Blaming, hurting, demanding, always fade away; instead, love, acceptance, and understanding is on the rise. When I look at these challenges as learning opportunities, suddenly, I am all fine!

By Suzanne Yang

No comments: