Thursday, March 14, 2024

Go figure!

 I am standing at the kitchen counter writing a check to pay off my monthly bills. Suddenly a smile appears on my face. “Hey, who is looking through those eyes as I a make out the amount? How is that moment any different from everything I have experienced thus far? The eyes watching are always the same.”

 

The ego or “I”-identification is a curious thing. We want to be benevolent and kind and we hate it when we are greedy or angry. Yet, who is that entity that perceives life that way? It’s a made-up entity, is it not? Yet the moment at hand is always fresh. The eyes watching are always the eternal ones whether we are aware of this fact or not.

 

A Facebook friend came up with the expression “ego-ing” as a verb. That’s a step in the right direction. It’s the prevailing fog that clouds the incoming light. It comes and it goes while the metaphysical light always is. I would call ego an energy system. We can be aware of its presence. We can let it flow through us. We can step out of it and let go of it.

 

For me the quest is over once we have found a way to get our arms around the lower energy so that we are (mostly) in a position to invite the higher energies in. Everyone has a slightly different approach to deal with this “me, myself and I” energy. This morning while writing the bills I realized that even the quest to be spiritual is ego energy. Go figure!

 

No comments: