Friday, March 29, 2024

You recognize the meaning of the moment when you are in it

 Some trees fell during a winter storm and damaged our house and property. As you might imagine, contractors love this kind of dilemma and are out to make a quick buck. I handled the situation as best as I could, but my wife was mad at me for having been taken in by them. She got them in a second time around to continue with the repair work but this time my wife got the concessions out of them. I was standing there listening to my wife lying through her teeth to get what she wanted and felt that my knees where shaking. I don’t do that kind of stuff, but I heard an inner voice telling me, “You stay here and shut up.”

 

Just because there is negative energy doesn’t mean you aren’t showing up for the moment at hand. Just because you don’t fulfill some spiritual norms doesn’t mean you don’t catch the spiritual essence of the moment. Getting the power of now is a voice, a glance, a form of energy. Defining the power of now is just like describing unconditional love. It’s impossible to do but you grasp it when she stands in front of you.


No comments: