Thursday, September 10, 2026

A lot more free

 I’m a little bit hurt but a lot more free.

I ain’t saying that you never took a toll on me.

For what it’s worth, I can finally see

that I am a little bit hurt but a lot more free.

(Max McNown, A lot more free)


I let those who feel that they can create Heaven on earth speak for themselves. I am certainly rooting for you! My personal observation has been that besides enjoying the pleasures of the blue planet that we are privileged to experience, earth is a playground that encourages and allows us to break free from the “me-energy”.


I am 60 now and have much deeper insights about myself than when I was 50 or 40. As just one example, when you are 20, you run head over heels to the wonderful woman you meet. These days you are walking. Not because you can’t run anymore but because you know what it takes to make a relationship work. The good comes with the bad in every aspect of our life.


Maybe we can free ourselves from some professional compulsions or material desires, but we always will feel the good, the bad and the ugly that life confronts us with. The Lincoln Lawyer Mickey Haller said in one episode, “Being a parent is watching your heart walk outside of your body forever.” That’s true. If you are a parent, you will never be completely free.


The psychologist E. Graham Howe said in “The Druid of Harley Street” that for everyone of us when we die there is a standing ovation up there in the Heavens. That’s a nice conjecture. Everyone who lives tastes the pleasures of the blue planet while doing their thing to break a little bit more free from the compulsions that come with it. 


No comments: