Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Melancholy

There is an expression in German, "to make a face like seven days of rain". Well, it has been raining in Boston for the last seven days so you can imagine how we feel right now.

My spiritual journey has changed me in many ways. I think I feel much more upbeat and positive now than 5 or 10 years ago. However, as the introduction reveals, this does not preclude having sad phases as well. I believe what has changed is that now I just know that the clouds will soon pass and the sun will be shining brighter than before.

Spiritual path travelers have the same karma to work off like everyone else. The only thing you can aspire to do, is not to accumulate any new one going forward. Failures or setbacks can and will happen, but they come with the realization that these events are just learning experiences. They will also disappear as fast as a thunder storm on a warm summer day. There is an unbelievable trust that no matter what the circumstances, things will work themselves out magically the next day.

No comments: