Sunday, July 10, 2011

Come into my life, I have so much love to show you

Eknath Easwaran comments in his beautiful translation of the Bhagavad Gita that this holy script does not recommend withdrawal from life, but instead, ...

This is not running away from life, as it is so often claimed. It is running into life, open-handed, open-armed: "Flying, running, rejoicing", says Thomas a Kempis, for "he is free and will never be bound", never be entangled in self-doubts, conflict or vacillation.

The Tao invites you to come and dance moment to moment. Let go of all the baggage you think you carry around your neck and join; and if you hear the song on the radio ... "come into my life, I have so much love to show you ... boy/girl, I adore you" ... the Tao has sent you a personal invitation to join in.

Eaknath Easwara, Bhagavad Gita, Thomas a Kempis, spirituality, Tao

No comments: