Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Day a Tornado Hits You

Make no mistake about it - enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing through the facade of pretense. It's the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true.
(Adyashanti)

At work, a tornado seems to sweep through my office ... a lot is changing in front of my astonished eyes. I know that the foundation is being set for yet another personal seven year growth spurt. In the past I always fought these changes; today I let them happen with a smile on my face. I go home, though, exhausted; I listen to some music to ease the pain, go to bed and try twice as hard to make everything work the next morning. 

I don't change a bit in this transformation, if anything my core shines through even stronger as these changes take place. Yet, just as the quote alluded to, I feel that something is being taken away. The ego screams murder while the True Self smiles knowingly. It would be a lie to say that I am happy as this transformation takes place, yet I know that the Source only has the best for me in mind. My lesson learned, stop looking for happiness, stop craving security and material success. The Way is about taking a step into the abyss with the perfect knowledge that somehow things will work out just fine.

No comments: