Saturday, May 2, 2015

"Dis-Ease": You Can Heal Yourself

I was sitting with my Japanese colleagues for dinner on a recent business trip and told them about my shrimp allergy. One colleague told me the story of his friend who after a number of years ate the food he supposedly was allergic to and nothing happened. I didn't think much of it afterwards, but when I was on my home trip, the stewardess gave me a sandwich that had shrimp inside, which I only realized after I had eaten it halfway. There was just nothing I could do about the situation; the damage was done.

On my way home in the taxi I felt how the swelling started. I had the antihistamine medicine in my bag but I decided I would wait a little before I would take it. I went to bed and when I woke up in the middle of the night I continued feeling the swelling, but again I wanted to rely on my natural healing abilities. Sure enough, after I went to work the next morning, I forgot all about it and the allergic reaction somehow just went away. 

So it looks like we sometimes have a choice to heal ourselves without any medication. But it only works if you truly believe it. The story of my colleague gave me the confidence to give my natural healing abilities a try.

No comments: