Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Finding Love Within

Dear all, first of all I’d like to thank you for being part of this community. I learn so much here. There are so many views and opinions on what spirituality is all about, but isn't it really all about only one thing, love! And somehow we all think that loving is about loving other people, when in fact loving oneself unconditionally is the cornerstone for being able to love others as well. 

For me personally, I was a bit skeptical about this subject, but my recent experience has shown me that - indeed - loving oneself unconditionally is key for being spiritual and for openly embracing others and our daily life. When we deny or doubt ourselves, how can we have any strength to deal with what is coming our way? We are cut from the Source's energy unless we treat ourselves well.

This insight came to me yesterday when I was mad at my autistic son and secretly complained of how he brought me hardship with his recent medical set-backs. However, as I asked myself, “Is this really true?” , I suddenly understood that the denial of my own needs is the real cause of my suffering!  Also, I realized that I should put my own needs first on some occasions. Had I given myself some attention as well, or had I just allowed myself to take a break, I wouldn’t have faced this loss of energy to cope with the situation I am in.

How often do we think that we should put other people’s needs first  in the name of love and spirituality. But all this thinking is shallow and in the end an ego illusion wrapped in holy clothes as well. As a matter of fact, when we don’t take care of ourselves, we hardly can share our love with others. Only someone who has abundant resources is willing to share freely. 

We complain about life and think that we are the victims of external circumstances. When we are in conflict with ourselves, how can we collect the necessary energy to deal with the issues that we are facing? Love yourself and you will naturally love others. Follow your dreams in what you do and you will be able to share your passions with everyone. Find love in everything you do today and become love. Thank you for listening in. Perhaps you can reply and share your story of finding love within and sharing it with others.

By Su Zhen 

No comments: