Monday, May 11, 2015

It is all in Your Mind - God waits for You Outside of It

Spiritual awakening is awakening from the dream of thought.
(Eckhart Tolle)

Spring is in full bloom these days in Boston and I have gone back to the habit of spending an hour outside in the evening. I feel the breeze, I see the the trees merging into each other, swaying gently in the wind. I somehow feel at home here. Birds are making stops at the feeder; the hummingbirds are on their way up north. Somehow, I am part of the vibration of life and thoughts simply escape me as I experience the surrounding nature.

How different this reality of life is from the times when the thoughts are running through my mind. God is somehow present when thoughts are absent; but don't get me wrong though, thoughts can be beautiful, and can be God's messengers as well. However, they can only capture the Way tangentially. How refreshing it is when you are surrounded by Her for as long as you are willing and able to hold Her hand.

No comments: