Sunday, November 15, 2015

Let it Be

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, "Let it Be!"
And in my hour of darkness,
She is standing right in front of me,
speaking words of wisdom, "Let it Be!"
(Paul McCartney, Let it Be)

Have you ever observed how you attack yourself over little mistakes that you have made in the past?  Are you stewing over them for days, weeks or sometimes even years?  And is this nagging voice in your head perhaps stuck there just like a broken record repeating itself endlessly? Today is the day to forgive yourself for all these trifles; let your life simply move on.

If we really observe ourselves we will realize that it is not so much about the mistakes that happened in the past, it is more about the question whether we can forgive ourselves and say "yes" to what already happened.

How could we ever live a mistake-free life anyway?  How can that even be possible?  It is just like aiming to maintain a spotless house. Certainly, you can try but you will most likely be miserable getting this job done. Are you we going to spend our time enjoying our life or are we just spending our time hunting down dust mites?

Don't get us wrong, everyone needs to do some cleaning, but sometimes we also need to do some living in our house. It is all about striking the right balance and not to lose the big picture of our life. Similarly with the regrets of the past. Learning our lessons and re-interpreting the events of the past is the healthy cleaning, obsessing about little mistakes is the obsessive-compulsive cleaning activity.


How can we avoid making mistakes at all? After all, we are not God.  Instead of focusing on avoiding making mistakes and condemning ourselves, perhaps, we can focus on what we want to experience and learn instead.  We all make mistakes - let's learn from our mistakes and then move on!

Today, let’s tell ourselves:

Even I make mistakes, I am still a good person and I still deserve enjoying a good life, health, joy, love, abundance, and success!
Even I make mistakes, I still have the courage to love and try again!
Even I make mistakes,  I still deserve love and always will be loved!
Even I make mistakes, I am still as divine as everyone else!

Mistakes make me a better person. Mother Mary has forgiven me, and so shall I!

By Christian and Su Zhen

No comments: