Friday, February 19, 2016

Embracing Your Function

This idea contains the first glimmerings of your true function in this world, or why you are here. Your purpose is to see the world through your own holiness. Thus are you and the world blessed together. No one loses; nothing is taken away from anyone; everyone gains through your holy vision. It signifies the end of sacrifice because it offers everyone his full due. And he is entitled to everything because it is his birthright as a Son of God.
(A Course in Miracles)

What is your function in this world? The beauty of this concept is that you may not have to change a thing; you could just keep going with a completely different understanding of who you are and what the true function is that you are performing in the world. It dawns on you that the world that you have been perceiving all your life wasn't quite the one you are perceiving today. Maybe Albert Einstein's observation resonates with you at this juncture:

I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is a garbage man or the president of the university. (Albert Einstein)

My awakening period started about seven years ago. I am still working at the same company in more or less the same capacity. Yet, my perspective on my role and my raison d'ĂȘtre has completely changed. The quote from the Course in Miracles is titled, "My holiness blesses the world". That's what I kind of do; with the added qualifier that I could never perform this function without the people who surround me. So in a way, the people who I serve, serve me. We kind of bless each other together. 

When you go to work today, when you perform your day-to-day activities, whey don't you try to see this world and your role in it with this holy vision.

No comments: