Monday, February 15, 2016

The Dial

Say only this, but mean it with no reservations:
I am responsible for what I see.
I choose the feelings I experience,
and I decide upon the goal I would achieve.
And everything that seems to happen to me I ask for 
and receive as I have requested.
(A Course in Miracles)

The first two months of 2016 have been hands down the worst period in my life. A few days after my dad died all hell broke loose at work as well. While this period certainly has been a nightmare, personally, professionally and spiritually, it has also brought unexpected insights, and one of them is the vision of the dial.

Imagine a dial that allows us to change how we experience a situation and how we react to it.  No matter what anxieties and what panic attacks are running through us, we can always decide how to deal with them. We mentally change the dial to an outcome that works for us. We choose the person we like to be and how we want to interact with others. Amazingly, most of my colleagues give me friendly smiles these days even though they know that my back is pushed against the wall. In the olden days, I would have walked through the halls as if the weight of the world was on my shoulders. Today, I walk upright as if I am on the top of the world. Amazingly, I am because that is what's my mental dial is pointing at.


We cannot change irritable feelings that are running through us, and I certainly come home at night exhausted and ready to fall into bed; attacked by the onslaught of worries and mental self-attacks. Yet, the next morning I get up again, ready to face another chaotic day with the same iron will to see my project through. It is not fun to go through a period like that, but I discover that no matter what, we do not have to be a victim of life's events. We have a choice how to react to it.  Success or failure, we will come out of the ordeal with our head held high. 


Perhaps you can take my experience as an inspiration and adjust your mental dial as well if you ever find yourself in a tough period like that.  Zoom into the manifestation of your SELF,  and SHE will be there.

No comments: