Wednesday, July 13, 2016

As Within, so Without

I had a rude awakening this weekend. My son, who is still a  couple of years shy of his teen-age rebellion years, had surprising anger outbursts. Suddenly my vision of spending more relaxed years as a writer at home rather than being whipped around in the eternal ups and downs of financial markets didn't seem so relaxing anymore. What if, I suddenly asked myself, the outer perceived turmoil is nothing but a reflection of the inner homework still to do? Work can reflect that back to us, as can our home or any other meaningful relationships. 


Either we find peace here and now in the current situation we are on, or we never will. The upside of this philosophy is that everything that comes our way is a mirror of our own being, so why would we ever get mad at anyone? We might as well get mad at ourselves! As within, so without.

No comments: