Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The Spiritual Rewards of Blogging

You learn first that having rests on giving and not on getting. Next you learn that you learn what you teach and that you want to learn peace. (A Course in Miracles)

I started my blog in November of 2008. Initially I wrote up one idea a month which later became once a week and more recently one note a day. My co-author Su Zhen joined me in 2011 which added spiritual insight and wholeness to the contributions. We are averaging these days 25 viewers a day from all over the world, with a total of 2020 contributions and nearly 55 000 visitors over the years.

Jed McKenna writes in Spiritual Enlightenment, the Damnedest Thing, that you should write regularly as a spiritual traveler and track your spiritual evolution that way. He himself added that he kept tearing up his old insights as the new ones were streaming in. So in the end nothing remained on paper but the enlightenment that he experienced. Well, this must have happened before the blogging days. Along my entire spiritual journey it has never happened that I disagree today with anything I wrote in earlier years. Sometimes I am less emotionally involved when I read these old notes as I feel I have outgrown some of these ideas. Sometimes I revise an old note a little, but never have I deleted a single contribution, as I mostly agree with the insights from the past.

The joy of blog writing is to see how the articles that others stumble on and review are often very related to questions I ponder today. It is as if I have written these notes for my SELF. Giving is having and teaching is learning, says the Course in Miracles. While most likely we will move away from Google and blogging one day, a new medium to express our SELF will most certainly replace the old one. Whatever medium you end up using, utilize it to find the quiet VOICE inside. Your peace of mind and serenity will thank you for it!

No comments: