Sunday, September 4, 2016

Spiritual Therapy

If you are going through hell, keep going.
(Winston Churchill)

I remember seeing the video of a woman who experienced tremendous pain during her delivery. I have never heard someone scream the way she did. But then, after the baby was born she was interviewed and asked how she experienced her baby's birth to which she replied, "it was pleasurable".

I read a note from a spiritual author who talked about the nine year awakening process, 2007 - 2016. I took notice because my spiritual awakening symptoms started in 2007. It has been mostly a magical time since. But this year, in 2016, I experience tremendous pain. I have never been in a pressure cooker like this before. It is as if something takes me, shakes me and hangs me upside down. I presume that's how others recover from a trauma. During therapy all the core beliefs the victim held get shaken to the bones, only to find that after years of hard work, a new psychological healthy "I" emerges.

When you read this you might experience a spiritual transformation like me. What choice do we have but to keep going along the journey that started years ago. Surely you must be able to perceive the light at the end of the tunnel by now. We spiritual travelers have a network of soul siblings to rely on, so take their hands and keep moving. You gonna be just fine, and who knows, may be one day we too will exclaim looking back on this holy transformation, "it was pleasurable!"

No comments: