Saturday, December 24, 2016

Minding the WAY's Business

Not my circus, not my monkeys.
(Polish Proverb)

I gave this piece of advice once to one of my colleagues who claimed that she was close to losing her mind over all the ugly department politics. She laughed heartedly so hopefully she will remember the wisdom of the Polish Proverb and apply it in her career. have to remind myself on occasions as well as it is so easy to be drawn into a "war of spiritual righteousness", but then, the WAY always encourages us politely to mind our own business. GOD doesn't need us to fight on HER behalf, karma has a habit of catching up with people with a nasty agenda anyway.

Problems and conflicts come our way to hold up a mirror for us. If we solve the problems we are given a priceless chance to disentangle ourselves from the past. Karma will not get the better of us if we face life with our best intentions. Problems transform us, and offer us the chance to drop the weight of the past. But when we get involved in other people's business, noble as the cause may appear, we will only get entangled yet again with new karma coming our way. Again, if the decision when to get involved and when not sounds a bit academic right now, that's what a spiritual path is all about. We are bound to get clear instructions along the WAY.

I am sure observations like these must have inspired Reinhold Niebuhr when he wrote the Serenity Prayer:
GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen!

No comments: