Thursday, March 9, 2017

Disentangled

Therefore the Master acts without doing anything
and teaches without saying anything.
Things arise and she lets them come;
things disappear and she lets them go.
She has but doesn’t possess, acts but doesn’t expect.
When her work is done, she forgets it.
That is why it lasts forever.
(Tao Te Ching)

Sure, I have an agenda just like everyone else. I want to be rewarded for my work; I also want to be considered smart and successful. Yet, somewhere in my professional journey something shifted inside. Today, I am more or less only around because I feel I have to. Things that used to matter a lot in the past no longer seem that urgent. Yes, I am a light worker, but not in the sense that I feel others truly need me. True, I probably have a healing impact on the environment I am operating in, but it is equally true that my friends heal me at the same time. Let me try to explain.

"Disentangled" is the word that came to my my mind when I set out to write this note. By being in the same work environment I have been in for some twenty years, I observed how some of the drives that were once so meaningful to me simply fade. I am sure that when my work is eventually done, I will forget about it just as Lao-Tzu describes it in the above Tao Te Ching quote. I feel like a balloon deflating without losing my effectiveness, nor my passion in what I set out to do.


Today, I see younger colleagues with their agendas to climb the corporate ladder and I smile. Two of my friends did that years ago and despite their so-called success, they are also not any happier today compared to when they started their jobs. Yet, had you asked them about this goal they would probably have thought it means the world to them when they got started in their careers. So what for are you striving so much, I have the desire to ask my younger colleagues. On the other side of the spectrum, I have also seen many other people not making the cut and they too, most of them anyway, are out there having fun doing whatever it is that they are doing.


Intuitive as this logic may sound to the spiritually minded reader, all of us have a subconscious playbook that we have to follow. The TAO Master has simply graduated from these drives. I am by no means enlightened, but I realize that the TAO takes over the steering wheel for me. I have no idea when my gig in my current profession is up, and I am also not losing sleep over this decision. At work I am happy to hang out with my friends and if some of the day-to-day operations turn out to be a bit stressful and annoying than others, then that simply comes with the job.


I have a message for the light worker community, do not take yourself so seriously. GOD doesn't need your help. You need HER maya to help disentangling your SELF. So relax, let your hair down and do your job everyday just like everyone else. See how the ties unravel year after year and enjoy the blessed day when your job is done and you can walk away without looking back.

No comments: