Friday, May 5, 2017

The Power of the Mind, or Lack Thereof

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant.
(Albert Einstein)

In a dream I met an attractive woman. When I approached her and told her that I wanted to be with her, she only laughed and said, "you live in your mind, I could never be together with you!"

I am a mind driven person and always have been. Like the fish in the water finds it impossible to imagine what life on land is about, I have always assumed that my way of perceiving things is what we all should be striving for. After all, that is the ideal that the European education presented to me, and that's also what seemed so logical.

Then I met my spiritual friend Su Zhen and a new world opened up. Suddenly I perceived energy while the "logic" of a conversation, an occurrence or a situation is a mere afterthought. I saw karma in action. I perceived subconscious patterns unfold like clock work. Today I react to the energy of a situation, to what people say and do, but most importantly, today I follow the SIGNS.

My mind is as powerful as it always was but it is no longer calls the shots, a higher AUTHORITY does. Should I get lost in a train of thought from time to time, the WAY has tools to wake me up from this mental masturbation. Like Eckhart Tolle and so many before him, I now also get lost in the holy NOW instead. I merely use my mind to perceive life and to tell you about it.

No comments: