Sunday, May 7, 2017

The Story of the Sad Song

Where is the moment when we needed the most?
You kick up the leaves, and the magic is lost.
They tell me your blue sky's faded to gray.
They tell me your passion's gone away,
and I don't need no carrying on.
(Bad Day, Daniel Powter)

The reader of this blog knows that the DAO has some esoteric ways to connect with me. There are license plates, songs on the radio, messages from nature and animals, weather or number patters, light and cloud formations, and other synchronicity. These messages are more out there, but then there is of course the most obvious communication, the feed-back from my loved ones, friends and all my other connections.


The story of the sad song goes back many, many years. Like clock-work in the olden days whenever I took a step back on my spiritual path this song was playing on the radio and I was consequently beaten up by life. Things in my house broke, our boys fell sick, or I experienced professional set-backs. The lesson learned of course was to stop breaking spiritual China which eventually I did. I figured the "Bad Day" would just fade out of my life but it didn't. It apparently was the favorite song of the DJs of my favorite radio station. So I accepted the Casandra Song that once or twice a month alerted me to the fact that pain was coming my way.

Then came the perhaps most painful episode of my life. I got fired with arguments that were tailored by lawyers. There was nothing wrong with my work at all, I was just in the way of the power struggle of some competing higher forces. My pride was injured and I was fighting this decision, but all the way I didn't know whether I was deluding myself; who knew, perhaps they even had a case? I didn't have a bad day during this period, I definitely had a couple of worst weeks of my life! But the most amazing thing happened during this dark period. My battery broke down and after getting it fixed by AAA my car radio wasn't working. Since I was too lazy to go to the garage to get it fixed, I simply waited for the next service session to do so. Amazingly, for the entire period I didn't have access to the Casandra Song. Hearing it during these dark days would likely have scared me to death.

Everything has a message along the WAY. GOD knows how much we can handle and we are given just as much as we can shoulder. Today look forward to the day when the yellow serve light goes on. I am ready again to shoulder a "Bad Day" knowing that my passions have been re-ignited to face the next day.

No comments: