Monday, July 10, 2017

Fooled by Randomness

Don't ask the mind to confirm what is beyond the mind. Direct experience is the only valid confirmation.
(Nisargadatta Maharaj)

In its days I quite enjoyed the book 'Fooled by Randomness', by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. It makes a good read and argues that you have to be a bit careful picking your portfolio mangers. Just because someone has enjoyed a spectacular recent performance might imply that he will fail miserably in the next recession instead. True quality is measured over decades in markets' many ups and downs, not years.

But then my spiritual path opened up and I started noticing synchronicity. I discovered a SPIRIT that has conversations with me with the help of day to day appearances and messages that the scientific mind would likely ridicule. Well that's my expertise right there. I make a livelihood as a financial market strategist delineating the meaningful from the randomness. So if there is one spiritual person who can be trusted finding meaning in what some other people might perceive as randomness, it is me.

GOD is real, and SHE can be talked to day by day and moment by moment. You just have to tune out a little randomness sprinkled around. Said Albert Einstein, "Coincidence is GOD's way of remaining anonymous". True enough, scientists need to relax their trained mind from time to time to discover spiritual meaning in apparent randomness. GOD is not hidden, just look and see HER for your SELF.

No comments: