Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Day I was Born Again

Can you imagine what it means to have no cares, no worries, no anxieties, but merely to be perfectly calm and quiet all the time? In this redeeming instant lies Heaven. It is only by finding your FUNCTION and fulfilling IT that you can escape from littleness. Be humble before HIM and yet great in HIM. And value no plan of the ego before the PLAN of GOD.

All separation vanishes as holiness is shared. For holiness is power, and by sharing it, it gains in strengths. Our task is but to continue as fast as possible the necessary process of looking straight at all the interference and seeing it exactly as it is. In the holy INSTANT, the condition of love is met, for minds are joined without the body's interference, and where there is communication, there is peace.

This is the weekend in which a new year will be born from the time of the CHRIST. I have perfect faith in you to do all you would accomplish. Nothing will be lacking, and you will make complete and not destroy. So will the year begin in joy and freedom. There is much to do, and we have been long delayed. Accept the holy INSTANT as the year is born and take your place, so long unfulfilled, in the Great Awakening.
(A Course in Miracles, excerpts from Chapter 15; my capitalizations)


I went with my 12 year old son to the dentist the other day. His dentist's daughter is a class mate at his school so I asked him as we left the building whether he likes her. He smiled and replied, "she is ok". Then he added, ''if anything, the girls are even worse than the boys at our school; when they are in groups they become unbearable. Sometimes I think that I am the only sane person at that entire school!" I didn't say anything, but thought to myself that he is just like me. It was then when I understood what my true FUNCTION is, simply to be the beacon of light, the safety net, and the common sense for all the people who are in my life. I don't have anything to do to perform this role, mind you, being calm and sane is somehow my birthright.

For the reader who is left wondering why the Course in Miracles quote seemed relevant on this particular summer day; this weekend marks the New Moon in Leo, my birth month.

No comments: