Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Striving for Perfection

A moment like this,
some people wait a lifetime,
for a moment like this,
some people search forever.
Oh, I can't believe it is happening to me!
Some people wait a lifetime,
for a moment like this.
(Kelly Clarkson, A Moment like this)


Have you ever come across the magnificent wisdom of the east? The 'Tao Te Ching' was written by gods. Have you listened to the Blue Lord's thundering voice in the 'Bhagavad Gita' when he told Arjun to rise and fight? Or if you have more of a Christian background, have you read the irrefutable logic of 'A Course in Miracles' that channeled Jesus' voice to an unsuspecting Jewish psychologist? With these treasures you know that you hold divinity in your hand. It is an impossible act to follow. Yet, in our own idiosyncratic ways, each and every of us spiritual travelers is encouraged to try to leave there mark of divinity behind.


Everything in life is tainted, but we are granted a moment or two of perfection when we give it all; when we are persistent and patient. In my profession as a financial strategist I have yet to 'beat' the market in a way that fulfills me. I also spent years trying the spiritual premise that co-operation beats competition and unfortunately still wait for the compelling evidence that I have made a dent. Who knows whether I will ever succeed in this professional line of work, but then, maybe my accomplishment lies in raising two beautiful boys, or perhaps my meaningful moments lie in writings like the one you are reading now.


The moment of magnificence is guaranteed to all of us. If you haven't felt it yet, keep striving - we have a job to finish!

No comments: