Monday, September 25, 2017

Returning Home, the Jung Way

I remember being disappointed when I read Leslie Stein's, 'On Becoming Whole'. After all, it is based on Jung's 'Aion: Researches in the Phenomologie of the Self' and promised the stone of wisdom how to reach wholeness. I am a big Jung fan and my entire spiritual path can be summed up as the drive to become whole. So I had the highest expectations when I got it. Yet, I found the book unnecessarily complicated and ultimately, incomprehensible. The other day, though, I was browsing in it and found what the problem was. I am just using different terminology but the insights are pretty much the same. So I dotted down Jung's homecoming idea of the snake biting its own tail. Have a look at what I came up with:


Subconscious    We become aware         Adam
                         ---------------------
Divinity                of ourselves                   & Eve

     |                                       Serpent           |
     |                                        brings             |
     |    bliss                           darkness         |
     |                                        and                 |
     |                                        light                |
                                                                      |
Conscious           Tao unifies                  Modern
                         ----------------------
Godhead             ego and Self,               Civilization
                             good and evil,
                             male & female

No comments: