Thursday, November 23, 2017

Change your Life, Change your Thoughts

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
(Mathew 7:7)

Thoughts are not the enemy. I am looking at my son and I think, “Wow, look at this guy. He is twice as potent as I will ever be. And look how far I have come. If the sky is the limit for me, what solar system will he be operating in!” There is nothing wrong with that thought. GOD is smiling as I say this. No, I am the co-creator I have signed up to be as these thoughts go through my head, and the words come out of my mouth. 

The ego pops up when I say, “Hey, if it wasn’t for that guy at work I would be doing so well right now.” Or, “I wish my grass was as green as our neighbor’s yard.” That’s when a personal identification starts that belittles me. GOD thinks, “I have created countless galaxies of mind-blowing size for you, and all you have to do is to comment on your neighbor’s yard, think again! We can be mindful of all the times when we belittle ourselves, and sure, we can try again better next time around.

There is the nice expression, E-G-O, “Edge-GOD-Out”. That’s it! This simple phrase nicely describes the idea that the evil thought system, the wrong personal identification away from GOD is merely a sub-set of the “I” experience. Thoughts are not the enemy! The mind is not necessarily the interferer. It can sometimes grasp the magnitude of the loving heart. It is just that we should be mindful when the small self is at play, and when the true SELF is flowing through us.

But how? Books have been written “Change your thoughts, change your life!” It sounds so great, and we always get excited when we hear it and nod enthusiastically, but we completely forget that thoughts are subconscious in nature. There is the idea that we can just be mindful enough and somehow will ourselves to GOD. It doesn’t work that way! But don’t despair, merely being excited  about GOD, about living a happier, more abundant, a more meaningful life is already an important first step,

Moses was 60 when he had his Awakening moment, and it came after a pretty rough life in the wilderness in exile, minding the sheep of his well-off father-in-law. I doubt that he always had the kindest thoughts vis-a-vis the pharaoh who was after his life, or the life that he was living. Nevertheless there is was the vision of the burning bush, the “I AM THAT I AM” experience that GOD introduced him to. All thoughts came to a standstill at this satori moment. His Awakening process had started.

Whenever people tell me about the “change your thoughts” idea, I always reply, you can’t, our thoughts are subconscious what you can do, however, you can change your life, moment by moment. You can be aware of every white lie, and try a bit better next time. You can realize, next time when you look at your neighbor’s yard, how beautiful and inspirational it really is. You can leave your miserable job, go back to school and get retraining to upgrade your economic prospects.

“Change your Life, Change your Thoughts!” This by itself doesn’t guarantee Awakening of course, but it is the first knock on the door. While I can’t help you with the timing, one thing is guaranteed, GOD always opens HER door to you once you start looking. Just as the New Testament states, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Nothing can prevent you from coming HOME, not even your thoughts!

No comments: