Sunday, December 3, 2017

How do you know?

There was once a pious man who stayed in his home during a flood evacuation. He was convinced GOD would not let him drown. When the water level had already reached the first floor he was looking out of the second floor window. A boat was approaching and a neighbor shouted, ‘hop in, there is still time to leave’. He politely declined and the boat paddled on. When the water had already reached the second floor, he moved to the roof. A helicopter arrived and threw a rope down, but again he refused to budge. A few hours later he did drown. Indignantly, he asked GOD as he ascended to Heaven, ‘How come you didn’t save me. I trusted you!’ GOD replied, ‘Well, I first sent you a boat and later even a helicopter!’

How do you know when an offer comes your way but your first spiritual instinct tells you to turn it down? Is it perhaps fear of the unknown rather than divine intuition? Could it be inflexibility rather than the sentiment of the WAY? I am a very intuitive person and jump to conclusions pretty quickly. Yet, when people I trust argue vociferously, I always have second thoughts, especially if unexpectedly, two or more tell me the same thing. Please share with us, what are your trusted sources? How do you know what is the voice, and what is the VOICE? When do you change your mind?

No comments: