Saturday, December 2, 2017

This World is not Random

Earlier in my career I worked with a team of 5 analysts, and we were all good friends. Alas, one of these market crises got the better of them and they split up. Two colleagues kept the operation running, while the remaining three went in different directions. As I am leaving the business myself, I met with the two remaining colleagues for lunch, and also scheduled a lunch with one of the friends I hadn’t seen in 10 years to catch up on things. As it turned out, none of these former team members had really stayed in touch. Amazingly, just in-between these two reunions my wife bumped into the fourth investor on the street. ‘What are the odds!’, I thought to myself, and sent the woman I am meeting for lunch an email titled “This World is not Random!”. Just as her smiley response to this strange synchronicity was hitting the screen, the fifth analyst sent me a LinkedIn invite from Texas. I am telling you, this world is not random.

No comments: