Friday, December 1, 2017

Spirituality, Religion - Does it even Matter?

The first gulp from the glass of natural science makes you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass GOD is waiting for you.
(Werner Heisenberg)

When my spiritual path first opened up, I discovered synchronicity that was just too uncanny to be random. Given that I specialized professionally in pattern recognition, I felt it was my mission to tell others about it and that was how my first book “The Magnificent Experiment’ was born. Around that time I could so resonate with Heisenberg’s quote that GOD is accessible even for the scientific mind. Eventually, everyone stumbles on the fact that we live in a self-imposed maya and whoever is curious about spirituality can develop the spiritual eye to see HER even in life’s messiness.

Today I would call myself religious though. I believe - or rather, I KNOW - that everyone and everything that comes my WAY has spiritual meaning, not just the occasional, out-of-this-world, synchronicity. There is no way to communicate my day to day realizations to the scientific mind, so I don’t even bother. The world ‘religion’ gets a bad rap because we associate many dogmatic and narrow-minded people with it, yet, the Latin root of the world is ‘to bind, to hold onto’. I would argue that at the end of every spiritual journey a religion is waiting for us. You bet that I hang on to HER every step of the WAY.

No comments: