Thursday, December 7, 2017

The Illusion Self

When you recognize the "I" as it is, a bundle of desires and fears, and the sense of "mine" as embracing all things and people needed for the purpose of avoiding pain and securing pleasure, you will see that the "I" and the "mine" are false ideas, having no foundation in reality. Created by the mind, they rule their creator as long as it takes them to be true; when questioned, they dissolve. (Nisargadatta)


When I talk to some of my spiritual friends I can never tell how they will interact with me today. Maybe it will be exactly the same theme and energy as we left off yesterday, but this is rarely the case. Something is always new. Maybe they just react to my different energy. Maybe their circumstances have changed. Maybe something inside has shifted for both of us. What I can tell, however, is that my interaction with them hints at the existence of an illusion self. The unchanged REALITY must be behind all that unnecessary stuff that we carry around. Keep chipping away.

No comments: