Friday, December 22, 2017

The Soul wants what it wants

You don’t have to be an astrologer to figure out that our birth star constellation has an imprint on our nature. Study your parents and your close family and observe in amazement how one day their DNA catches up with yours. Sure, we can rebel, outgrow, and transcend them, but first we are encouraged to take on one the missions they couldn’t quite finish themselves. Perhaps just as potent for our own personal development is the society and the time we are born into. We can try outgrowing that conditioning as well, but as a German who has by now spent more time in the USA I can tell you that it is difficult to jump over own shadow. As just one example, just as much as I have changed over the years, I was never really able to let go of my German accent.

Life gave us so many imprints. Our accumulated experiences include the good, the bad, and the traumatic. Everything that ever happened to us defined our ‘I-identification’. It is like an avatar we took on in a video game. Should we really try to free ourselves from all that, or should we in fact be grateful for the people and past - troublesome as they might have been - for making us the gem we are today? It is true that we can leave that all behind in deep meditation or a spiritual samadhi breakthrough, but unless we want to leave this word at that time for good, we have to come back and choose an avatar of sorts.  I loved it how Jed McKenna put his enlightenment experience. He said that given that he had to go back into an ‘I-identification’, it was easy to pick his old self as an avatar.

The Soul wants what it wants. Live your life, see where it takes you and be proud of who you are. It takes an ‘I’ to have a ‘I AM THAT I AM’ moment. Embrace it!

No comments: