Saturday, December 30, 2017

What makes the I?

The experience of our body.

Our story of the 'I', the woven fabric around a bunch of memories.

The biological wiring and all the other genetic and societal imprints.

Our profession, life-partners and our family.

Our social status, perceived accomplishments, assets and flaws.

The programmed responses to set situations.

The spiritual path rips many of these fixed schemes open and transforms other wirings. What is the 'I' when the awakening process has started? It is one conversation at a time, one day at a time and one experience at a time. Eventually we realize that we are pure consciousness and the CONNECTION that defines us in the NOW. The body transforms into a mere communication device to interact with others. The static notion of 'I' disappears in the dynamic 'I AM THAT I AM' experience.

No comments: