Friday, April 13, 2018

The Vision

It was a beautiful New England Fall morning. The group I was working for had its annual offsite discussion. We focused on future themes at that time, and perhaps inspired by the blue Boston sky and the beautiful scenery, I predicted that humanity is about to go full circle. With robots producing everything, and increasingly offering services as well, we humans would go back to the olden days of Ancient Greece: some use their time to philosophize and in the gym, some to party, and some to do both.


As it turned out, one of my colleagues kept on reminding me every other year or so of this vision uttered some 14 years ago. He only stopped talking about it when I got ready for my spiritual avocation. It was almost as if he was the divine messenger reminding me of what I had to do. Yes, I am Socrates who spends time in the gym and with folks like you in the spiritual community. I can’t tell you whether this utopia will unfold in my life-time, but I can tell you that you can become free as well. Do what you have to do until you can do what you love to do!

No comments: