Thursday, June 14, 2018

Compassion

After my father turn 80, his health deteriorated rapidly.  Soon he had difficulty to walk.  When he was 85, one day he just fell unconscious and then lost his mobility until the day when he passed away three years later. I remember, at that time I had no mercy at his condition at all.  As a matter of fact, I was mad at him that he was not able to think positively about his life and had not more courage to fight his failing health.


Since last year, I have myself been going through some health challenges. I have never been so sick for such a long time and I just couldn’t help complaining about life and feeling bitter.  And then one day, I suddenly realized, isn’t this how my dad felt when he was bedridden?  Isn’t this how other people have chronicle health issue feel?  Life is like a torture when you lose all your energy. How can you stay positive?


At that special moment, I expand my own suffering to all the human beings who has been dealing with their health issues with compassion.  Isn’t that we are all one?  We, as human beings, all experience life challenges, sickness, death, aging, and loss of loved ones. At this special moment, I have enormous compassion toward to everyone of us!  May we all gain our wisdom, strength, love and peace on this journey!

I love you!

By Su Zhen

No comments: