Saturday, July 14, 2018

Feelings

Feelings, for all my life I’ll feel it.
I wish I’d never met you girl.
You’ll never come again.
(Feelings, Perry Como)

Boston attracts many tourists over the summer. I was riding the T yesterday when a family of three entered; apparently visiting Boston as tourists, a big and  masculine looking father dragged his boy along. He was in a foul mood, and the expression of the child was that of fear, and oddly, exactly the same annoyed expression, mirroring his dad’s face. A few minutes later I caught the man how he was adjusting the blouse of his wife, fearing someone might look at her improperly.


As I quietly was rolling my eyes I suddenly had an idea. What if we are born to relive the feelings world of our parents, merely creating the world that neatly brings home this experience for us personally. Well, all that theorizing stopped when I saw the big man jumping on a rotating circle in the middle of the train that moves whenever the train takes a turn. Suddenly the stern man was transformed into a little child, enjoying the seemingly unpredictable movements without holding onto a railing. A woman on the train cheered him on, telling him that she also always does that given that she was a surfer in her youth. How the mood had changed; apparently the little lad was in good hands after all!

This story came back to me when I saw this quote this morning, “When one makes an ‘InTention’, the Universe doesn’t know spelling and brings you that thing surrounded by tension.” (Mama Wyndee) I think there is a lot of truth in this statement. We are no bio-robots; we can create the world we aspire to manifest. GOD gave us the power of a loving heart to process and embrace our feelings. GOD gave us a potent mind to visualize the world we want to live in. Let’s use them both together. Feelings, I open up to you and honor you. Freed from the baggage of my past, my intention is free from tensions whatsoever!

No comments: