Saturday, September 8, 2018

Flowers Bloom

Flowers Bloom, or,
If you were born a tree, why should you try to be a grass?

I remember when I just started practicing spirituality, appearance wise I was also at the top of my physical beauty.  I exercised daily and went to the gym once a week.  I liked to dress up and enjoyed it very much. Dressing up really connected me with my feminine side.  However, I did all these things not for others, not to mention to attract men.  I simply had lots of fun doing these things. It’s just like when I was a little girl, I enjoyed so much playing with these little dolls and dressing them up. It’s just a girl’s nature!

However, after I got in touch with spirituality and learning about the ego, I suddenly felt guilty about dressing myself up, felt guilty to be so standing out, and felt guilty that I attracted so much attention simply by just being myself so I started to cover myself up and deliberately went in the opposite direction.

After all these years of practicing spirituality, I finally realized this covering up goes against the Tao, and is not natural.  Why to ask a flower to become a grass? All the beings on the earth follow their own nature and are themselves; they bloom in the spring, flourish in the summer, let go all of their leaves in the autumn, and stand bare in the winter; they never have any opinions about how they should look like, and we never have any right to tell them how they should look like either. So why should we Tao travelers have any opinions about how we should look like and act?

All the ideas, concepts, and rules should be abandoned. We just follow our nature, express them and just be ourselves! Let express nature and life through us. May we all have the courage to let ourselves bloom and not afraid to attract attention if we are born this way!  May we all embrace our every moment and enjoy ourselves to the fullest!  May we all have fun in this life!  Let’s live our life like a tree, let it bloom, let it grow, let it fall, and let it die!  And we simply join the flow and have fun!

By Su Zhen

No comments: